The boys were GREAT during the yard sale. They were playing with all the toys Dave's daughter, Barbara had brought up. Their favorite things were the Big Wheel, scooter (which I thought they were going to have a heart attack when that sold, but no tears were shed), and a bag of TRANSFORMERS! Here they are using all the different things for sale to put together a make-shift table a chairs to play at. You can't really tell but, Nicholas is sitting on a
little kids training potty!
Background
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Yard Sale-ing
A couple weeks ago we had a yard sale at our house and we did pretty well, but I really didn't want to pack everything up and put it back over our garage until the next yard sale. So Dave (my step dad) told me they were having one in September so I asked if I could send all my stuff home with them and I'd try to sell it at their yard sale. Woo Hoo! They said yes! Did they really have a choice? hehe. So today was the big day. I woke up at 6:19am (that's almost a crime on a day off) and heard the worst sound you can hear on yard sale day, RAIN! But I got up and got ready to head over anyways. We all went (Chris, Nathan and Nicholas). Fortunately we knew there might be rain so we set up everything in the garages. The rain had stopped so we pulled some stuff out and it actually turned out to be a successful day. I got rid of a lot of stuff I wanted and ended up donating a lot to a Healthy
Families program that works with pregnant teens. I hardly brought much back home, except this trunk I found up in my parents shed. Notice the hysterical note my brother left on it? It's dated 6/94!! (Click the photo to see it larger.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(87)
-
▼
September
(29)
- Time Well Wasted
- I'm Helping
- A good laugh
- Chez Hewey
- Short Day
- A Trip to the Office
- What'd you do all day??
- Choclitt Pudding
- Chucksters was a Hit!
- New Toy!!
- Little Photographer
- Jokesters
- Planet Heroes!
- "I want to do homework too"
- Funny Stuff
- Rollin' rollin' rollin'
- Roasting Marshmallows
- Nine Years Later
- "I had a good day!"
- Lesson Time
- Making Progress
- Under Construction
- Yard Sale-ing
- First Sleepover!
- Guilty Pleasure
- Beautiful
- Welcome Back Night
- Home Again
- Scrap Heaven!
-
▼
September
(29)
2 comments:
HEHEHE! The note cracks me up! MAN! That was a LONG time ago! Your boys at the yard sale crack me up! Jackson would have NEVER sat there and played...he would have been running under, around, on top of, and anything else you can think of! And hey, the seat has mutiple functions! He woudln't even need to go in the house to pee...heheh KIDDING!
Q. How cool does someone have to be to make people laugh 14 years later?
A. Ultra Cool. Downright chilly.
Post a Comment