Before I left for work this morning I told Chris, "When you clear stuff out of the living room move it nicely, don't just throw it everywhere." He said he'd try. What kind of a response is that? We work hard for our nice things so take care of them. Ugh. As the garage door lifted when I got home from work I noticed the entertainment units were not in there anymore. YAY! I walked in the house and Chris said to me "You probably don't want to go in the living room, it's a mess. Well, our house is an open concept so there was no way I wasn't going to see the mess, but of course I wanted to see what the unit looked like too. OMG was he right about the mess.
But the entertainment unit was installed and it looks great. It's so exciting to see this project come together. It's HUGE too. As I sit here typing this all I can smell is fresh cut wood. We were trying to discuss doors and shelves and pull out shelves, but the kids needed us so we tabled that until after dinner. Once they were in bed we got to sit down and take a look. Wow! We're still not sure on cabinet stain, but I really think it's going to look awesome when it's done. When will it be
done? Let's not go there and kill my high right now. The TV is back in it so we might be stuck here for some time now. And we know my protests will do no good. :) And the mess, well in true Marcia fashion the house was cleaned up, vacuumed and put back together before I went to bed. Man, I'll sleep good tonight.
But the entertainment unit was installed and it looks great. It's so exciting to see this project come together. It's HUGE too. As I sit here typing this all I can smell is fresh cut wood. We were trying to discuss doors and shelves and pull out shelves, but the kids needed us so we tabled that until after dinner. Once they were in bed we got to sit down and take a look. Wow! We're still not sure on cabinet stain, but I really think it's going to look awesome when it's done. When will it be
4 comments:
It looks so sweet! I would love to have a built in entertainment center, but I am hoping that my tv and stuff will move when Jackson is big enough to NOT get into EVERYTHING anymore..so we shall see! I cannot believe you cleaned up before bed! I totally would have left the mess there, and not moved a thing! You are so nice! I don't know how you do it all girl! You truly are SUPERWOMAN!
Gosh, it sure is BIG. It looks great. Can't wait to see it in person!
Stain color you will figure out. Then Chris will be busy doing that and then sanding.
I don't know where you find all your energy.
I fell asleep on the couch right after supper.
How do I love your neat freak ways? Let me count the ways...nah, that'll take too long. I need to finish the mushroom sauce before J get's home from class. I can't wait to see the finished product. My suggestion, oak stain to match the rest of the furniture. Cherry if you want to match the kitchen.
That looks so good. I'm sure you will love it. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I didn't know you had one so I'm glad I saw your comment and now get to see your family.
Laura
Post a Comment