The whole debacle started back in January when Chris decided to buy a 52 inch flat screen TV. I didn't think there was anything wrong with our 36-inch TV, but I barely have an opportunity to watch it anways. Originally he put it on top of our old entertainment center, but I protested so the old TV and entertainment center were moved into the breezeway and proceeded to stay there for months. Again, more protests, but there wasn't much we could do because we had so much snow we couldn't get to the bulkhead to put it all in the basement.
Finally we started thinking about a permanent solution and went shopping for an entertainment center. Online and in stores we didn't have ANY luck, but got some great ideas on what we wanted. So Chris decided to go to the Home Center to design a wall unit for u
s. We figure putting a built-in in the living room will increase the value of our home and we'll really enjoy it. The one thing I'm looking forward to the most is to have all the darned cords hidden, but also all the equipment will be hooked up and be easily accessible. And we can get all the CD's and VHS's (I know, such dinosaurs) out of eyesight. I'm not sure what I'll do with my Disney pictures though. Maybe they'll have to go in Chris' man-room. HA! He doesn't have one. He started to build one in the basement with a dartboard and pool table, but my scrapbooking stuff took over. But that's a whole separate blog post story!!
Chris' Dad was having back issues so he couldn't get started on building the wall unit, until this weekend. Oh yea, I forgot to mention how fortunate we are to have a carpenter in the family. He has saved us thousands over the years and continues to help us out. So this is where things stand right now after two days of work. It's huge! I'm hoping to come home tomorrow after work and see it in my house! Stay tuned and check back to see the progress.
1 comment:
That is fabulous! I laughed when you said you protested about the TV being on top of the entertainment center! I did the same, yet it is still there! Oh well, there are SOOOOOO many things on my "I WANT DONE" list that, it has been kicked down to the bottom!
Post a Comment