Yesterday I wore a new shirt that I had bought while in Florida. It’s not something that I would have normally picked up off the rack, but I decided to go out on a limb. It looked nice on so I bought it and I’m so glad I did. The first comment of my work day was a compliment from a co-worker about the great shirt. But, the best compliment came from my son, Nathan. He had asked me to wear the necklace he made me for Mother’s Day. As you can see in this picture Nathan took, the shirt has a pretty busy print and the necklace isn’t all that noticeable, but I agreed to wear it because I knew it would make him feel so special. And he made ME feel special
because he told me I looked beautiful. Once at work I felt a little silly at first because not everyone has kids and I figured they’d think I was lame for wearing it, but then I started getting comments on it (from other Mom’s, of course). I was shocked they could see it on the busy print of the shirt. And of course I was a proud Mom and told them Nathan had made it for me for Mother’s Day. It prompted stories about things their kids had made them and no matter how “ugly” they were they always made sure to wear them or use them. I should have known better. Lesson Learned!
Background
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(87)
-
▼
September
(29)
- Time Well Wasted
- I'm Helping
- A good laugh
- Chez Hewey
- Short Day
- A Trip to the Office
- What'd you do all day??
- Choclitt Pudding
- Chucksters was a Hit!
- New Toy!!
- Little Photographer
- Jokesters
- Planet Heroes!
- "I want to do homework too"
- Funny Stuff
- Rollin' rollin' rollin'
- Roasting Marshmallows
- Nine Years Later
- "I had a good day!"
- Lesson Time
- Making Progress
- Under Construction
- Yard Sale-ing
- First Sleepover!
- Guilty Pleasure
- Beautiful
- Welcome Back Night
- Home Again
- Scrap Heaven!
-
▼
September
(29)
1 comment:
Your Hair is cute too! The shirt is a busy shirt, but it is WAY cute! You necklace is beautiful too..!! I love it when my kids make me stuff (most of the time.hehe) Macey does it the most, and sometimes her tastes and mine are NOT the same, but it makes me happy that she likes to do things for others. You are such a good mommy! And about my blog...I do think it is because it is an invite only that it won't let you add it..but who knows! Hope you have a FABULOUS Thursday!
Post a Comment