Last night was a big night for Nicholas. We went to my Mom's house after work to set up our stuff for the yard sale and Nathan asked if he could sleep over. The last few times he's tried a sleep over he has backed out at the last minute, which is when he is in bed, and asks to come home. So right on cue, we were tucking him in before we left and he said he wanted to come home with us. Nicholas had been saying all night that HE wanted to sleep over because he hadn't had a turn yet. My Mom was OK with it, but we were very nervous because he still sleeps with a pacifier and we didn't have it with us. He had climbed right into bed in my old bedroom though so we decided to give it a shot. My Mom had a pacifier from when he was an infant and it was shaped differently so we gave it to him. Immediately he said "That's not my buyah (pacifier)." We put it in his mouth and he took it out and said it again. We told him to suck on it for a little while and it seemed like he was going to take to it. So we left, although I told my Mom I was very nervous that he was going to get up a million times for her. He rarely sleeps through the night, usually getting up to go pee at least once a night.
I called when I got home 20 minutes later and she said he had gotten up when we drove away and said "OK, I want to go home now", but she told him it was too late because we had already left. He got back in bed and when I called this morning she told me he slept all night and didn't get up until 6:50!! I was so proud of him and thankful! My Mom said she told Nicholas that she came in at 2am and covered him up and Nicholas said "My Mom told me you would come in a cover me up." I did??
In Dean family fashion, they made blueberry pancakes for breakfast, something they've been doing since Dave's (my step dad for those who don't know) grandchildren stayed over back when I was growing up. As you can see he even makes pancakes like my Mom, with his tongue sticking out. HAHA! (click the image to see it larger) My Mom also said he tasted a lot of the batter while making the pancakes. I suppose you have to make sure it tastes good! All in all it was a successful first sleep over and we're looking forward to MANY MORE!
1 comment:
I LOVE Grandma sleep overs! I LOVE THEM! I am glad he made it through the night! Jackson asks to sleep at grandmas house all the time, but he still is to little my mom says..hehe! But Macey and Natalie do all the time, and they love it! It changes everything when one kid is gone! It is so strange!
Post a Comment