Nathan and Nicholas both started eating apples, but didn't eat them all so I had to finish them. For some reason Nicholas kept asking if we could make apple pie. I told him I didn't know how to, but we ask Grammy Dean to make us some. We've got so many apples though I asked around work today and got a few recipes. Maybe I'll be daring and try to make one.
Nathan wanted to climb the trees, but the sign said we couldn't so Chris had to lift him up to reach the apples high up. He wasn't comfortable being lifted up and would ask Chris to put him down as soon as he had his hands on an apple. Nicholas also wanted to get up high to pick up apples and was frequently heard saying "No fair Nathan gets to pick apples." I guess he had forgotten then he had just picked one too! He's been saying "No fair..." a lot lately. I hope it's a phase.
5 comments:
It's really neat to see the family traditions continue. I remember being there with you guys, being part of those pictures, making history. I think I am going to go get an apple now.
How lucky are you???! Those pictures are so cute! It really looks beautiful there! I cannot believe you get to go apple picking!!! That would be so much fun! I am loving how green it is there...What are the summers like???
Summers are my favorite time of year. We have about 7 days of hot and humid weather, but the rest of the summer it's hot and sunny. Once in awhile it'll be rainy and cool on a summer day, but it's just beautiful most of the time. The kids get very tan and blond in the summer from all the sun!
I'm so proud of you Marcia for taking the initiative to get recipes for Apple Pie. My personal favorite dessert (next to Dessert Rosa from Carrabbas) and of course, I can give you a recipe too if you wish!! ;) Naturally you can mail me any apples you can't get to eat, but not rotten ones please. :)
Miss you!
Oh, and I meant to say, the pictures came out great. I want to make them bigger and it won't let me :(
Post a Comment