Nathan and Sean were just about to start playing a Lego game about a week ago when it was time for us to leave their house. Nathan came home and immediately started making his own Lego game, which he named Rock Monster Rampage. He made up the game board, players and rules all by himself. He and Nicholas enjoy playing the game a lot and he even showed Daddy how to play.
Today was the annual golf tournament that Chris and a few of our neighbors play in. After the tournament we all got together at our house for a BBQ. It was a lot of fun to all be together. I always ask; "Why do we only do this once a year?" I know it's because we are busy, but we always enjoy ourselves so much that you'd think we'd do it more often. The kids played great and the adults had great conversations. The food was good, but after dinner we decided to make S'mores with our new fire pit.
They were delicious and the kids liked being able to toast their own marshmallows. Jen Sackos did the S'mores assembly, which was key to having the marshmallow melt the chocolate.
We saw and heard some fireworks in the neighborhood behind us and that gave us an idea. Dan Revellese and Tim Lennon had some fireworks left over from July 4th so they went to pick those up. We ended up firing them off in the street in front of our house and the kids went crazy over them. It was a fun light show. The evening ended when it was time to get the kids in bed and once again I asked myself; "Why do we only do this once a year?"
6 comments:
I remember making board games when I was a kid. It was lots of fun. You'll have to keep it so when he has kids he can show them how to play!
Man...how fun! I wish you were here so we could have BBQ's together! I love getting together with friends! Makes me happy! I am glad you had a good time..and maybe you can do it more this year??? Oh wait..it's almost over..hehehe! How did Chris do in the tournament?
I can't believe I forgot to mention that Chris came inches from getting a HOLE IN ONE on a hole! If he had he would have won a brand new truck.
Mmmmmm...S'mores!!! Now I'm craving them, lol!
Ok, how cute do you two look in that last picture? LOVE IT. Is this the first time you guys used the fire pit? Looks great.
Maybe for 2011 you plan something for 2 times!
Oh, and I love how creative Nathan was in making his own game. Such a smart cookie.
Post a Comment