Background

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Meet Your Teacher

August 30, 2010

Today Nicholas got to officially meet Mrs. Ardinger, his Kindergarten teacher. He said he was nervous, but I'm not sure if he really was or if he was just using a word he heard Nathan say. We found his cubby and decided to go on a tour of the school because he was being very bashful and there was a long line of parents and students waiting to meet Mrs. A. We stopped at the Nurse's office and I dropped off his physical & immunizations and told her about his inhaler for cold-induced asthma. Then we went downstairs to see the gym and he wanted to go inside. He remembered it from when we've gone to go see movies there. He was also excited to see the library and he wanted to go in and look at books.

Next was the playground

and on our way back we found Nathan at Mr. Pike's classroom. Mr. Pike, his third grade teacher had offered to show him his new classroom. He moved so that he is now next door to Mrs. Ardinger's class and they are going to be buddy classrooms. That means they'll help with reading and will choose a student to be a reading buddy with. Nathan mentioned he might want to be Nicholas's reading buddy, which really surprised me. We were on our way back to Mrs. A's classroom and Nicholas said "I want to be surprised tomorrow" because he was too shy to meet her. I stood in line while he and Nathan looked at a Lego book.

When we finally met her she commented that she hadn't heard he was shy like Nathan. He didn't want to have his picture taken with her.

On our way out we were going to take a ride on the bus, but they said he was just saying Hi and letting kids take a look in the bus. That really bummed me out, but I guess Nicholas rode on a bus at the Racquet Club this summer.

After we left I brought Nicholas back to First Start, where he'll be going for after school. He'll get to take a small bus over there every day. I was extremely disappointed that the Racquet Club wasn't doing a Kindergarten program, but at least Nicholas is in a place he is familiar with. Unfortunately his best friend, Tyler, isn't there anymore because he lives in Hill and will go to school there.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Um...if that is the playground I am sooo jealous! how beautiful..although it doesn't look like there are many toys on it..hehe! Do they have to worry about the kids going into the trees??? Wow! You live in such a beautiful place! I know I say that all the time, but every time I see your pictures it just amazes me that there are places out there with trees, and grass, that are green and pretty...hehehehe!

Marcia said...

Yup, that is the playground. It's a natural playground and it's supposed to be more "friendly" to children with disabilities. There is a fence around the back of the area to keep the kids out of the trees. There is also a walking trail around the area to encourage the kids to get exercise. It is a beautiful place to live and now it's full of color because the leaves are changing!

Krystina said...

That is just so sweet Nathan is thinking about being Nicholas' reading buddy. Such a good older brother.

Glad you were able to coax Nicholas in getting a picture with his teacher, you're gonna need that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails