I was able to take two vacation days while Krystina was here and I really wanted to go to Lake Sunapee since that was one of the first places Krystina and I went together as friends. We ran into April and her youngest two kids there, which was nice because that meant more kids to play with!
The kids wanted to go in the water right away and I was thrilled that Vaughn went in the lake because he doesn't like to go in pools. Kyra and Bella practiced their swimming and Nicholas got everyone with the squirt gun. I was surprised the boys didn't play in the sand much, but Kyra did. She wanted Krystina to build a sandcastle so she could destroy it!
The boys spent some time on the rocks and there was another boy there fishing so they were watching what he was doing. We packed a picnic lunch and had lots of snacks, but Gelson was the hit of the day when he brought over his Italian Ice. He shared it with the boys and it was gone pretty quickly! It was a fun day, although a little stressful. The boys were tattling on each other and not always getting along, but we had fun. On the way home we let them watch Scooby-Do and Kyra fell asleep.
Heather, Krystina's sister, bought this Toy Story 3 Star Shooter game for Vaughn so he could play it with my boys while he was up here. We got it out tonight and put it together. Nathan had to read the rules to figure out how it was played, but all Nicholas and Vaughn wanted to do was shoot the little discs! They had a good time playing it and played it just about every night they were here. I really enjoyed seeing them all play together so nicely...well, most of the time. :)
I wanted to capture a few shots of all the kids eating dinner together. It could be a very loud time at my house! At Lake Sunapee Vaughn was able to go across the Monkey Bars so I made a big deal out of it saying it was because he ate all his vegetables the night before. He's not a big fan of veggies, so I wanted to encourage him to eat more or at least some. He kept telling us that he could do the monkey bars because he ate his vegetables. I can't wait for him to go home and tell Justin, his Dad about that! Hopefully it works and he continues eating them.
2 comments:
I LOVE your table! Man, I wish I was there! hehehe! The boys getting along/fighting...it's a love/hate relationship..every kid does it...that is how Jackson and his cousin are right now! They want to be together, but when they are, sometimes it's just fighting...hehehe!
Aaaah this was a nice day at the beach but the water was too cold for my FL blood. Glad the kids didn't seem to notice :)
Post a Comment