August 16, 2010
Today was Monday and unfortunately I had to work. Krystina spent the day with Heather, here sister, and they went to the mall and had lunch with Dan O'Neil, an old friend of ours. Yup, they had lunch without me. How Rude! When I got home that evening the kids played together. Nathan and Vaughn played the Memory game. Nathan was very patient with Vaughn and taught him how to play. Then he helped him find and count his matches. Why can't he be like that with his own brother? Kyra watched as they played.
Nicholas was downstairs with the Krystina and me. We were making our birthday cake. It's tradition when we get together during the summer months to celebrate our birthdays together and we always make a marble cake with chocolate frosting. Nicholas asked if he could stir in the chocolate that makes the marbling. And guess who got to lick the beaters? Nicholas! He also asked if he could have a piece of the cake when it was finished, but I said no. He knew that's because it has sugar in it and we typically don't let them have sugar during the week. So he said "Sugar makes you fat." I thought it was hysterical because I haven't told them that in exactly.
After the kids were in bed Krystina and I actually celebrated by opening our gifts for one another. I picked up the first gift and it was 12x12 shaped so I asked Chris if he could guess what it was. He did! Well, not exactly, but he recognized the size. It was The Downtown Loft paper stack from Die Cuts with a View. She also got me TWO Cricut cartridges. I have been pining over the Mickey Font cartridge since I used it at my last scrapbook weekend. I can't believe she got it for me PLUS the Joys of the Season cartridge.
Then it was her turn. I had gotten her 4 packs of Thickers, which she is in love with. I also got her a title that read "Knotts Berry Farm" for when we get to scrapbooking those stickers. Finally I got her some miscellaneous items and school embellishments since Vaughn will start this year. It was a very good birthday indeed.
2 comments:
SOOOOOOOO FUN! I am seriously so jelous! BUT, I am so glad you got to spend time with your friend..those times are priceless!
Yeah, I {heart} thickers!! I have a lot, but feel free to keep buying me more. I do use them. A great birthday indeed.
Pssst...it was Nathan that said "Sugar makes you fat" another evening I was there, not that night.
Post a Comment