One of the days I cherish the most while my brother is here is the day we spend at Sunapee State Park. It's such a relaxing day. 
We bring tons of food, sand toys, cards, games and things to read. We get there early and stay late, but the day always manages to fly by. We had snacks and lunch and even dinner while there. Erika laughed and said how we go there and eat all day.
This year we had beautiful weather. Clear blue skies with a few white puffy clouds. The sun was bright all day and the water was even comfortable enough, which was a surprise considering what a cool summer it's been.
Nathan wanted to go in the water right when we arrived so Chris and the boys went in. Nathan swam out to the line that keeps you from swimming where boats can ride. Nicholas is testing life without a life vest and went in without one, but we still have to make sure we are very close to him just in case he gets in trouble. Later in the afternoon I went in the water with the boys and we all swam out to the line. We were swimming and swimming like crazy and I tried to touch bottom and ended up standing. Both Nathan and I could touch when we were at the line!
We made a very large sand castle kingdom and Brian made the big castle. Giant Nicholas came through and trampled it so we got to build it again, only this time bigger and better. I actually had a lot of fun building in the sand with the boys. Nathan made a light house and liked digging the river that ran through the kingdom. Kiera liked to fill it up with water.


We buried both Nathan and Nicholas in the sand too. They thought that was pretty funny. Kiera was a little apprehensive and decided not to be buried.
Orion enjoyed sitting near the waters edge. He liked playing with the sand and even tried to eat some, but decided it wasn't very good. He enjoyed the feeling of it in his fingers though.
1 comment:
I think I would have completely freaked out if I was buried in the sand, so I don't blame Kiera for opting out. But they sure do look cute!
I'm glad you had such a relaxing day with your brother and his family.
Post a Comment