As soon as Nathan found out that Beech Hill Ice Cream Barn opened on May 1st he ran to the calendar to find out what day of the week it was. Turns out it was a Saturday so he asked if we could go to Grammy Dean's for dinner that night. Usually if we go to Beech Hill, it's after we've had dinner there. I had a scrapbooking event that day so I knew we wouldn't be able to go. On the 1st he was still not feeling well after his stomach bug so he said to me "It's a good thing we weren't going to Beech Hill today." On Sunday, May 2nd, Chris wasn't feeling well so we went to Grammy Dean's for dinner plus made our first trip of the year to Beech Hill Farm. Of course this was only after a lot of coaxing Nathan to eat his entire dinner or he wouldn't be able to have any ice cream. He was worried he wouldn't have room for ice cream if he ate all his dinner.
I was very surprised to be greeted by these beautiful tulips when we arrived. Tulips are my favorite flower so I got a up close and took a few special shots.
The boys played in the sand for awhile, we checked out the animals and Nathan remarked about how stinky the pigs were. Then we looked at the plants she had on display. We really enjoy going there and expect to make quite a few more visits when my brother and his family arrive in a couple weeks.
4 comments:
Those cones are HUGE! No wonder he couldn't finish it all!! Grampy looks like the cat who swallowed the canary. I know how much he loves ice cream! :)
I LOVE tulips too!!!! They are so pretty!...And thanks, because now I want ice cream....and I am not even a big ice cream eater!
I love Beech Hill Farm and I'm glad it's right down the road from us! I'm going to let my husband know it's open so hopefully soon we can make our first trip of the year there.
I suppose you're right, we just might make our way over there, perhaps once.
Post a Comment