Background

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Terry's Birthday

The whole Hewey gang was here to celebrate Terry's birthday. She got married on her birthday and since we're having the 40th Anniversary party on Sunday we decided to do a cookout tonight. I love having everyone together.Terry and Dave have 3 boys, all married, and 10 grandchildren, 6 boys and 4 girls! We had a great meal cooked by Master Chef Chris.His chicken is in high demand. Little David ate 10 pieces alone and Brittany asked Chris to marinate and cook some at her graduation party next weekend.

In the Hewey family we believe all children should have one photo of them with a beer bottle to their mouths. No, we didn't give her any, it's just for the photo. Funny how it's always Uncle David holding the bottle.

And then there is Nicholas. The kids ate dinner and ran off to continue playing. The next thing we know we look over on the back lawn and see this....


Nicholas, completely naked! He said he pee'd on his shirt so apparently that means he has to strip down!

During the party we gave Terry the photo posters we'd been working on for the past week and a half. Chris helped me pick out additional photos, other than the ones Terry gave us. I scanned and scanned and scanned. Over 100 photos! Then we also added photos from our digital archive. There were 7 posters total. One of their early years, one of their family (the boys when they were younger), one of their growing family (once the boys got married and started having children), one of just the two of them through the years, and one of each boys family. She was so touched by them. She told me they meant more to her than I'll know. It was a labor of love because I know she would appreciate them.

3 comments:

Krystina said...

Awww. There's the little streaker that I know and love.

I think the poster is awesome. I know how hard you worked on that, I'm so glad she loved it!

Becca said...

Funny!!!!! The posters look cool! Sounds like you guys had a great time! I love getting together too! So much fun!

Brian said...

Oh man! I wish I had been there. looks like it was a great time. While we're there, you'll have to have Dave and Terry over too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails