Background

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Nathan's 7th Birthday Party

This year Nathan wanted a Monsters vs. Aliens party. So we bought all the supplies and he helped me write the invitations and he brought them to school and invited a few classmates. He counted down the days until his party now that he is finally understanding that his birthday may be on one day, but we can't do the party until the weekend. Nathan and Nicholas both helped me put together the goodie bags. I used paper sandwich bags and they put the Monsters vs. Aliens stickers on the front to decorate them.

I didn't plan any activities this year. I've found that the kids like to just run around and play together. Fortunately it didn't rain, it turned out to be a beautiful day. It's also the first party that parents dropped their kids off and came back later to pick them up. I'm fine with that, but it means my little guy is growing up.

Nathan got all sorts of fun things for his birthday. At least one of each of the boy things he is into; Ben 10, Bakugon and Transformers. I was so proud of him for asking if there was a card if he couldn't find it BEFORE he opened every gift. And this was the first year he could read all the cards with no issue. He was very happy to see Sean and Mark got him the Nerf Dart Tag set. We got him a laser tag set and we've had fun with that so far. He also got a Martian Matter set so he can make his own aliens. That was pretty fun to do. We also got him a large Baseball piggy bank to match his Red Sox room. He has a couple small piggy banks that are all full. It'll take a long time to fill this one, but PaPa got him started with a huge handful of change. We let Nicholas pick out his own gift for Nathan this year and Nathan told us that night that the Ben 10 car was his favorite gift.

I tried something different this year and got a cupcake cake. I thought it would be easier to cut, plus we have some chocolate allergies in the family so I got half chocolate and half vanilla. Then I stole my sister-in-law's secret of using Hoodsie ice cream cups. Nathan was so happy to get a Monsters vs. Aliens toy in his cake. Grammy Hewey went all over town trying to find a toy from the movie, but couldn't find a thing! Of course he had to lick all the frosting off before he could play with it!

1 comment:

Krystina said...

Well this will teach me to not read everything first!! I can't get over all that loot Nathan got!! Can I be a kid again?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails