Part of Chris' vacation was to rip out the old carpet and pad and get the rooms ready for the new carpet install. Emptying the rooms was a lot of work because we had to take EVERYTHING out. It was like moving! Thankfully our neighbor helped Chris bring all the bureaus downstairs. And fortunately we have a garage so we could store everything in there. We had to clean it all out and get it ready on a Sunday even though they weren't coming until Thursday to install. So for four nights we slept on just our mattresses on the floor! Clothes were in drawers in the breezeway. What a pain! Boy did the rooms echo. We had debated putting in hardwood, but decided not to due to the stairs. I'm glad we didn't because I could hear the cats walking around on the bare sub floors. They were loud too, especially on the stairs. I'm sure it would have been the same with hardwood. We told the kids to stay away from the tack strips and Nicholas was afraid to go up and down the stairs so he asked us to carry him so he wouldn't step on the spikes. The boys helped us roll the carpet and pad. Then I vacuumed up all the staples and dust. I couldn't believe all the dirt and dust that made it through the carpet and cushion! Especially in our bedroom. Chris also screwed the sub floor where it was squeaking. YAY! No more squeaky floor. It took an entire afternoon to get everything ready.





Chris asked Nicholas to get him a cold beverage while he was working and I just had to get a few shots of that. So cute!! Of course the kids know this is an adult beverage and it's YUCKY!
3 comments:
What big helpers! I think it was very smart to have been wearing masks, especially for Nicholas. What a nice family activity. :D
WOO HOO! I love helpers! They just make things go so much faster!
Wow, and you got rid of your squeaks. I remember having those in my old house. Got some special screws for it, never put them in. Whoever lives there now doesn't get to benefit from those screws, had I done them.
Post a Comment