The set was set up similar to her music room at her home she said. There was no drum set or amps. It was very low key. Jo Dee allowed us to ask her questions so we could get to know her better. We could also request songs. One of the best songs she did was the National Anthem. You could tell it took her by surprise that someone requested it, but thankfully she sang it. Very powerful! One of the funniest things I remember from the show was her reaction to someone's very New England accent. Jo Dee is from Mass. herself so she understands and when someone didn't pronounce their "r" she said "wicked pissah". That may not be funny to you if you're not from around here, but I got a huge kick out of it! She also commented on how she had just had a baby boy, Noah, 12 weeks ago. She said; "So if you're wondering why I'm wearing these jeans it's because they fit!"
Unfortunately this show was a little different from the Phil Vassar show we saw two months ago. The staff was very adamant about telling us NOT to take photos. I only got these two shots before they came over and told me to put away my camera. That was a major bummer, but at least I got two good photos.
All in all it was a great night. Before the show we went to dinner at Angelina's with one of Chris' co-workers Alysia and her boyfriend Jamey (I think that's how it's spelled). It was a wonderful dinner and the best part was sharing desserts after! Everyone knows what a sweets junkie I am.
1 comment:
I am so jelous! I am glad you had fun though! I would love to go to a concert like that! So fun!
Post a Comment