Well Chris and I talked and decided we would let them try sleeping in the same room for the weekend. We brought Nathan's mattress into Nicholas' room and put it on the floor. Nicholas has the smaller room and we figured we'd keep his bedroom as the sleeping room and Nathan's as the playroom if this turns out to be a permanent change. One of our hesitations is that Nathan requires more sleep than Nicholas so we're worried about Nicholas keeping him up at night and waking him in the morning. So we've had several discussions with the boys about NOT doing that.
The first night didn't do great, but it was probably because they were so excited. Saturday night went better, although they were up late. By Sunday they were both pretty tired and it went very well because when I went up to fold the last load of laundry at 8:45 the light was off and they were quiet. Chris worked late last night and he checked on them when he got home and said they were both sleeping in the same bed. I can't quite tell however who is waking up who in the morning. We'll give it the rest of the week probably before we decide if it's a permanent change. They really seem to like it!
1 comment:
Hey...if they like it I say go for it! I HATED sharing a room! But there were WAY MORE than two of us! If they sleep better, then that would be good enough for me!
Post a Comment