Background

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Eggs to Dye For

Nathan has been concerned about Easter for at least a week now. He's been looking on the calendar to find out when it is and asking me several times a day what day it is. He asked if we could dye our Easter eggs on Sunday so we said of course! We got two dozen eggs, hard boiled them and got everything set up. The kids were so interested they were sitting on the counter while Chris was making up the dye cups. The kids really like it when Chris and I make the eggs more than one color. Nicholas said to Chris "How did you DO that?" in a very excited voice when Chris pulled out an egg that was blue on top and pink on bottom. Nathan wrote "I Love Easter" on two eggs and Nicholas asked me to write "I Love Mommy" on an egg. We had four casualties while dying our eggs (broken egg shells due to dropping them). Luckily the boys like to eat hard boiled eggs! This is Nicholas' face when Daddy dropped an egg. Now the boys will be eating them for breakfast and we'll be bringing some to Grammy Dean for egg salad sandwiches.

2 comments:

Becca said...

WOW! You are on top of things! We haven't even done any yet! We usually do them the Friday before because there is no school! Looks like you guys had a good time!

Krystina said...

Nice job. I love Nicky's face, when Chris dropped the egg. At least it was hard boiled! Maybe next year I'll do tht with Vaughn & Kyra.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails