Background

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009

What a day we had Easter Day!! Nathan has been so excited for Easter he has been counting down the days. He's been telling me what he wanted the Easter Bunny to bring him too. I knew he wouldn't sleep in very late on Easter morning. Sure enough he didn't. Well, both boys had lots in their Easter baskets. I am a big Disney movie fan and Nathan's been asking for Bolt and Nicholas has been asking for Space Buddies so they both got those, along with Madagascar 1 & 2. They also had a Spiderman book and Peter Rabbit pen in their baskets. You can also see the note Nathan left and the Fuse Beads project he made for the Easter Bunny in the photo below.


Then Chris' parents came over to watch the egg hunt. It was ridiculously windy and cold. I had just spent the day prior washing all the winter jackets, snow pants, hats and mittens and packing them away. Well, I had to pull out mittens again because it was freezing! This year we saw a huge different in Nicholas' hunting abilities. In the past we've had to tell Nathan to slow down and let Nicholas get some, but this year Nicholas was on the prowl. He found lots of eggs. Nathan was really good about leaving two of the large ones for Nicholas to find since the Easter Bunny told me that each boy got one yellow and one blue large egg. It was a quick hunt in the front and back yard. Both boys were so excited when they found eggs. Nathan even posed after he found most of them. The Easter Bunny filled the eggs with Goldfish crackers and change for their piggy banks. Nathan sorted the contents of all his eggs into the top and bottom of one large egg. They also each got two new Pokemon toys.

Then Chris had to get ready for work and was making some meals for us for the next two days. He was defrosting fish in the sink in the bathroom because I was doing dishes in the kitchen sink. I was also doing laundry in that bathroom so when I started to hear water running I didn't think much of it. Then I thought it was awfully loud for the washer. I went in the bathroom and saw two inches of water on the floor. He forgot to turn the faucet off! He went downstairs and it was literally pouring in our basement below the bathroom. Panic! My scrapbooking stuff for sale was on the pool table and it was getting soaked! We grabbed towels galore and started mopping up the mess. Chris ended up removing the vanity because it was ruined by the water. He told me it's a good time to tile the floor if we want to.

Chris went to work and the boys and I went to Uncle David and Aunt Michelle's for Easter dinner. After dinner they broke out Guitar Hero, which I've never seen before, and had a good time with that. Then the adults played Spades (I lost horribly, but had a good time) and the kids watched The Tale of Despereaux.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Sounds like fun! Well, except for the water! That is always a bummer! I hope you were able to save some of you scrapbook stuff! Your boys look like they had a great time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails