Background

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Around the House

This afternoon turned off gorgeous. It was a little windy, but we still wanted to be outside. Chris is digging up the rocks on the side of the house by the garage so we can put down a paver walkway. The rocks migrate into the lawn and cause a big mess so I'll be happy when they are gone and the walkway is done. Hopefully we can train the kids to walk on the walkway too so the grass can actually grow there! The best part for the kids was the ride in the back of the lawn tractor!

Nicholas wanted to help Daddy and he actually said he loved doing it. I told him he was really great at it and he said "That's why I like doing it." Chris told him how to put your foot on the shovel to dig it down. A couple times Nicholas put both feet on the shovel like a pogo stick. It was so cute.

While walking around the lawn still picking up sticks from the wind storm a couple months ago, I caught a few glimpses of spring. Chris planted this tree several years ago. He got it at Home Depot on clearance and we weren't sure if it would grow or not. It's taken a few years, but now it's actually blossoming! We can't remember what type of tree it is, so if you recognize it let us know!

The azalea is about to bloom again too and you know what that means! Time for our annual photo shoot of the boys in front of the Azalea!

2 comments:

Krystina said...

You said it was nice outside so I was totally expecting to see short sleeves! HA HA

Maybe Nicholas will be more like Chris and has to always be doing something manly outside.

Becca said...

It looks so pretty there! Someday I am going to have to actually visit! It just looks gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive