We've had the same nighttime routine with our kids since they were babies. Tubby time followed by stories and then we'd tuck them in. We used to give them a few minute rock in their rocking chairs before bed, but that changed when they started sleeping in the same room. Now they are back in their own rooms and we've replaced the rock with a fun routine. It all started after reading a story from one of the books I remember from my childhood. As you can see it is well-loved.

The story is about a Dad who is bringing his little bear to bed for the night.

He can't seem to find him, even though little bear is right on top of his shoulders. He looks under the stove, under the covers, out in the yard, and finally finds him when he walks by a mirror. It is a very cute story, one of my favorites as a child.

So now after we finish story the boys ask us "Can you do Where's Nicholas, Where's Nathan?" Of course we can because they get such a kick out of it and we love to hear their giggles.
We walk all around the upstairs checking our room, our bathroom, checking Nathan's room, then Nicholas' room, then checking the other bathroom all the while saying "He's not in there".

If one of the cats is around we'll ask them if they've seen Nathan or Nicholas. Then they giggle and we say "I hear him, but I cannot see him." Thank goodness we have a few mirrors otherwise we might never find them!

Unfortunately I cannot lift the boys on my shoulders so I carry them around on my back.

And Nathan is getting so heavy that I can't carry him for long. Tonight he wanted to see if I could put him on my shoulders and lo and behold I was able to do it!
1 comment:
That is very cute! I don't think I have ever heard that book! But I am lame!
Post a Comment