Ahh, I love spring and fresh lilacs. They are blooming in Concord and just starting to bloom in Bow. And surprise, surprise! My white lilac bush in the yard is blooming for the first time since we moved to this house, 7 years ago! We moved the bush to a spot where it gets more sun and apparently that did the trick. I wanted to post a photo of it, but today it is raining so I couldn't take one! My neighbor has a purple lilac bush and if we are downwind we can smell it. I love that smell!
Tonight I came home from work and saw a vase with lilacs in it on my table. I knew my Mom had snuck in to surprise me. What a great surprise too! She had brought some to Chris at work too because last week he said he wanted some in the office.
Unfortunately they don't last too long, but I'll be sure to enjoy every moment they are in bloom!
3 comments:
AW! Mumsey is so thoughtful! I do miss lilacs but I get faux lilac smell thanks to Yankee Candle. They are gorgeous.
Mmmmm - one of my most FAVORITE smells in the entire world! I love going to the Lilac Fest (in NY) this time of year, too!
Pretty! I love the smell also! mmm.mmm.good!
Post a Comment