Background

Monday, August 27, 2012

Elm Brook Park


July 4, 2012                                                                 

I really thought today wouldn't feel like a day off since it was in the middle of the week. Chris went golfing in the morning (since I will be away on Sunday) and I said I wanted to go Elm Brook State Park in Hopkinton for the afternoon. We had such a great time. It was so relaxing and we were only there for a few hours. I love having a small beach and water to swim in so close to us.
The boys went in the water right away when we arrived. It was hot out today and the water was full of hot and cold spots. Chris and I sat in our chairs and soaked up the sun. The boys really wanted to DO something so I suggested we build a sand castle. We got creative and used some lake grass for a bridge and also for flags on the top of our castle towers. It turned into quite a kingdom with a moat big enough for boats to ride around in!






And right after we finished with that the boys wanted to go fishing. There is a nice little floating deck you can fish off of and immediately the boys started to catch sun fish. Chris put the worm on the hook and most of the time cast the line, but the boys knew when it was time to reel it in.






The quote of the day  goes to Nathan. We were all in the water throwing a ball around and he asked if it was salt water. I said it was a lake so no, it wasn't salt water. He said "If there is salt water there should be Pepper water too."


1 comment:

Becca said...

hehehe! Pepper water! That is AWESOME! I wish we had places like that to go...Oh, we do, the lake, but it's too freaing hot to go there! hehehe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive