November 23, 2010
While Chris went golfing today I took the boys swimming and then my best friend in junior high, Rebecca Carroll came to pick us up and took us to her house. It's amazing that we are still in contact after so many years and I am so thankful for that! I met Rebecca, or Becca, in 7th grade when I was living in Arizona with my Dad and Step-mom and went to school at Poston Junior High. Rebecca's Mom watched me in the afternoons until my parents got out of work. We became fast friends, which was such a blessing since I didn't know a sole at the school!
We had fun together today. She showed me her blog book, I totally have to do one now! She took me for hot chocolate at QT. Now I know why she is addicted. She had her tree up already so I had to go in and check out all the ornaments. My boys loved the Star Wars themed ornaments and I loved the Disney themed ornaments. Then her oldest daughter, Natalie came home from school and watched my boys while Becca took me to Scrapbooks Etc, my favorite scrapbook store in Arizona. It was so nice to be able to talk to Becca without kids interrupting us every few seconds and nice to be able to shop without little kids! Yes, Becca is a bad influence and I spent more than I should have at that store! But they had so much fun stuff that I can't get in NH. We also went to Big Lots because I've heard they have scrapbooking stuff there. She helped me dig through packs of paper so I could find three of the same one to use when I finally get to scrap our pictures from the World Wildlife Zoo. Thank you sooo much for driving me around Becca and then bringing me back home. My parents were very glad you came in to say Hi. They think very highly of you. And thank you to Natalie for watching the boys. They were quite a handful, I'm sure. They were so happy to have someone new to play with and different toys to play with also. The rest of the week they kept asking me if we were going to go back to my friends house again.
Background
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(176)
-
▼
December
(21)
- A Family Christmas Eve
- A Visit from Santa
- December Christmas Traditions
- Nathan's Craft Day
- Decorating Grammy's Tree
- Nicholas Craft Day
- Lego Advent Calendar
- Decorating the Tree
- All Tuckered Out
- Thanksgiving at the Gray's
- Rockets
- A Day in Arizona
- Visit with Becca
- Troon North Golf Course
- Jacuzzi Tubby Time
- Swimming
- Hanging Out
- Longbow Golf Course
- Wildlife World Zoo
- On Our Way!
- Holiday Photos
-
▼
December
(21)
No comments:
Post a Comment