I wanted to make homemade cookies for Santa this year so I decided we'd do that Christmas Eve since I was off from work. I got out all the ingredients and realized we didn't have enough butter.
So off to Hannaford we went for butter on Christmas Eve. It was busy, but we got in and out pretty quickly in the cold and windy weather. We also stopped at Petco to pick up some gifts for the kitties. The boys attention span went in and out while baking, but they enjoyed pouring things in the big mixing bowl.
But the best part was licking their fingers when they were done! Chris got off from work early and was home in time to help cook the cookies.
They came out delicious. How can I say that for sure? I know because Santa ate almost all five of them that we left for him!
We bought a Gingerbread House kit to make with the boys this year and just like carving our pumpkins, didn't get to it until the day before the holiday. I'm beginning to notice a trend here. Nathan helped to put the roof on and Nicholas used red fondant to frame the roof.
They both did great with NOT eating all the treats to use on the house. They decorated the wreaths on the front and Nathan did the tree, snowman and gingerbread man himself.
They both did great with NOT eating all the treats to use on the house. They decorated the wreaths on the front and Nathan did the tree, snowman and gingerbread man himself.
However, Chris did most of the decorating. He put a lot into the house and it turned out fantastic.
We started a new tradition this year, brand new PJ's for Christmas Eve. I know a lot of families do this, but this was our first year. I found these Lego Star Wars PJ's months ago and decided to save them for under the tree. The boys were excited to open one gift on Christmas Eve.
Then it was up for tubby and getting all handsome for our favorite tradition.
We always watch The Polar Express together on the night before Christmas. It's such a magical movie and even though I'm allergic to corn the boys had popcorn to enjoy too. It's the perfect family Christmas Eve.
1 comment:
I'm so impressed Marcia!! :) Those cookies look good! Your boys are the cutest little guys, especially in those PJs!
And Chris may have found his calling as a gingerbread engineer- he looks like he took the building of the house pretty seriously, ha!
Okay, and I'm such a dork....I thought I was a follower ages ago...whoops! Let's get together soon, okay?
Post a Comment