Background

Friday, December 24, 2010

Swimming

November 22, 2010


Margee wanted to take the boys roller skating so we decided tonight would be the best night. We decided to take them swimming first because they had been asking all day. I forgot my swimsuit so I went to Target and Michael's to pick up a few things on sale and Chris took them to the pool. The kids love the pool at the timeshare where we stay. This year the pool was heated as was the hot tub. The boys went back and forth from one to the other so "We didn't get overheated" Nicholas told us. Nathan said "This is the life" as he enjoyed the November swimming in an outdoor pool. We went to the pool on three different occasions during our visit. The kids just love it!

And later that night we all went roller skating. I don't have any pictures or video because there is a big sign when you walk in that you can't take photographs or video. I was bummed! At first Nathan didn't want to go out on the rink, but Chris took him out. Then I took Nicholas. The hardest part is getting out to the center where they have a special area for those who are learning to skate. The boys were both falling down a lot and I usually fell with them. Margee fell a few times too. After about 10 minutes we thought we were getting the hang of it. I look over and see Margee on her back on the floor. People were starting to crowd around her. When I got over to her she said "I hit pretty hard, I feel like I'm going to throw up." They cleared everyone off the rink and a nurse and EMT came over. They just happened to be at the rink The nurse said she thought Margee had broken at least one, if not both wrists. So we all got off the ice and told the boys we had to leave because Grammy was hurt. Margee called Dad and asked him to meet us at the ER. He thought she was joking at first. Unfortunately not! The next day we found out she broke her left wrist in two places and sprained her right wrist. She ended up having to go in for surgery the day before Thanksgiving to have pins put in so her hand would heal correctly. The boys kept asking if we could go back to Skateland while we were there because they said they had a fun time.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails