When we got home from Arizona last night the first thing the boys said was "Can we decorate for Christmas now?" They were both very excited, but I told them we needed to wait until the next day. When Nicholas got up this morning he said "Happy Thanksgiving. Can we decorate for Christmas now?"
Chris put the tree together and I fluffed the branches. The boys helped me put on the lights while Chris took pictures. Nicholas held the lights and said "I'm not your servant."
And they called the garland "garlic." Nicholas kept saying "This is going to be the best Christmas ever" in the sweetest little boy voice. We put on the ornaments and none got broke this year!
I love seeing the Disney ornaments in my collection and the handmade ornaments the boys make. It's amazing the memories and nostalgic feeling the ornaments bring when I pull them out of their boxes.
Chris finished the tree by putting the angel on top and we got photos of it all. Nicholas wanted to call the scrapbook page Christmas Fun.
Nathan had told me earlier in the day "I know what I want to get Nicholas, but it might be more than the budget." I love that they understand the concept of a budget at such a young age. Nicholas had told us earlier in the day "The reason I get up is because I want to see the Christmas tree lit up." Hmmm, we haven't had a tree in 11 months and he hasn't been getting up. Well, after the tree was decorated he started to get up after we put him to bed, just to get one last look at the pretty lights before he went to sleep. That boy is just like me - a true Christmas lover!
No comments:
Post a Comment