Background

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Kaleidoscope Children's Museum

Oops, I forgot to blog about this! We heard the Kaleidoscope Children's Museum had moved from Concord to Manchester so we decided to check it out with the kids. When Chris and I walked in we both looked at each other and said "This is it?" Recently we had gone to the Children's Museum in Dover and it was much larger. We didn't think the kids would keep busy for the next three hours until they closed. WRONG! As a matter of fact, when I told Nathan it was time to leave he said; "Awww...do we have to?"
At first the boys went around and checked everything out. Then Nathan started making pizzas. This was such a neat idea. All the pieces were made out of cut up felt. Nathan would make one for us, then we'd make one for him. Then Nicholas joined in on the fun and so did Kiera. It was cute watching them put them in the "oven." Nathan said this was his favorite part.

They did a puppet show for a little bit.
But they spent a lot of time playing with the stuffed puppies. At first they were playing in the veterinarian area checking the puppies out. They could weigh them, look at x-rays and take their blood pressure. They also had leashes and collars you could put on them. Then they started walking the dogs around the museum and bringing them into the other exhibits like the pirate ship and the tree house.







Orion went down the slide many times and then hung out with the adults. We sat on floor mats and chatted as the kids amused themselves and played.

2 comments:

Krystina said...

It looks like they had a blast. I love Orion's expression in this picture. He is just so adorable!

Becca said...

Hands on Museums are the only way to go with kids! I love them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails