We got another snow storm on New Year's Eve so Chris took the kids out on the snowmobile during the day, and then after dinner we all went out and snowmobiled in the dark. The snow had stopped at that point and the wind had started. It was 12 degrees when I went out at 6:30, and then when we came in half an hour later it was already down to 9 degrees. Nathan drove around the house with Nicholas and I on the sled in back and he was very good about getting off and letting Nicholas have a turn driving also. Nathan was very cautious and drove at a good speed, but Nicholas drove a little faster.
He kept looking back to see if we were still on the sled and when he did he always seemed to drive towards a tree, which really freaked me out. Finally I screamed STOP when I thought he was going to hit a tree and I told him to drive a little slower and don't worry about whether we fall off the sled. I told him we'd let him know if we fell off. He was also cutting the corner near the house really tight and then driving close to Chris' work vehicle. Personally I think we should leave Nicholas to driving just himself around for now. Finally he stopped and said it was too cold and he wanted to go in so then I got to drive the snowmobile around a little.
2 comments:
That looks fun! I don't know what I would do if I lived somewhere that had that much snow, but the things you get to do look really fun!
That sounded like a good time, until I read how cold it was! Can't say I miss that one bit, but I do miss you. *HUGS*
Post a Comment