We've been dealing with the flu at the Hewey House. Nathan woke up on Saturday and didn't eat hardly anything for breakfast. We were getting ready to go grocery shopping before we went to Nathan's basketball game and Nathan was complaining that his stomach hurt. I thought he just needed to go to the bathroom, but even after he did he was still complaining that his tummy hurt. He was just laying on my bed not doing anything. That's not like him! So we decided that I would go grocery shopping with Nicholas and Nathan would stay home and rest and skip basketball. That afternoon Nathan started to show signs of improvement and ate a little applesauce and was playing, so we decided to go to my niece's 1-year birthday party. We piled into the van and we were driving maybe 10 minutes and Nathan said "Mom, I'm going to throw up." Thank goodness Chris brought a bucket with us! So we turned around and went home. Chris and Nicholas still went to the party and I stayed home with Nathan. He got a fever that night, but woke up fine the next morning.
On Monday day care called me and said Nicholas wasn't eating anything (sooo not like Nicholas) and he had goop coming out of his right eye and it was red. They thought it might be pink eye. So I picked him up and brought him home. His eye didn't look bad to me and he wasn't scratching it , but I called the DR and they prescribed some eye drops. He hated having those put in. On Tuesday he seemed fine so I brought him to daycare. I had a meeting at 2pm and my phone started ringing at 2:30. Nicholas was at daycare and had vomited three times and they said he was having difficulty breathing. I wasn't there to get the messages and Chris couldn't leave work. Thank goodness my mother in law was just getting out of work. She picked him up and brought him home. He threw up a few more times and just laid around on the couch.

The whole family will head to the chiropractor tomorrow morning to boost our immune systems. Chris and I are praying that we don't get it!
2 comments:
EWE! We litterally just got over the YUCK at our house! It was so lame! Having sick kids makes me sad! I hope you stay healthy as well! It's even harder when mom and dad are sick!
You've just gotta love Terry don't you? She's so sweet and always so helpful.
Post a Comment