It's been quite a long time since I've posted about the Entertainment Unit, but there's been good reason. No progress to speak of! Chris used up both itty bitty cans of stain he bought just doing all the shelves, then had to wait a week for his order of more cans to come in. We special ordered it from a cabinet maker so it would match the kitchen cabinets. And of course since it's special order it takes longer, costs more and comes in tiny cans. It's a two-step process stain and Chris worked on the actual wall unit today. It's so weird to see it go from natural wood, which is very light, to this dark color. The parts that are not stained are going to have cabinet doors on them and those that are stained will be open with shelves. We're inching closer. I told him I would really like it done for Thanksgiving because we are hosting this year and he said that shouldn't be a problem. YAY. Maybe I should have asked for it to be done sooner? haha.
5 comments:
Uhhh, hate to tell ya, the tv is too small for the unit. I'll take the old one so you won't have any disposal issues.
Otherwise it looks good.
It looks GREAT! I can't wait to see the finished product!
How exciting. It looks fantastic. I bet you'll both be so happy when it's fianlly done.
Laura
The unit looks really good. It is alot of work to stain, urethane, sand and another coat of urethane. Chris does do a really nice job. Remember he did the bureaus in Nathan's bedroom and they look great.
I saw the now from "laura" and I first thought: I don't remember leaving a comment then I remembered I use Mumsey not my real name "Laura". It would be too confusing.
Wow! you must have quite the husband to build something like that for you!
Ha Ha!
Post a Comment