Background

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Leaning Tree of Hewey

We got new lights for the tree this year. They aren't anything special, just the regular small lights. Our old ones were a little bigger and we didn't have as many on the tree and now the tree is full of lights and I love it. Decorating the tree was difficult becuase Nicholas wanted to pull all the ornaments out of their boxes instead of letting us give them to him. Fortunately we only "lost" one and it was one we didn't really use anymore anyways. We enjoyed the tree last night and this morning we came down and saw this:


I think I even have a photo of the culprit! Simba boy kitty! Just kidding.


We bought this tree in 1997 when we moved to California. We paid $80 for it. As my friend Amy so eloquently put it, the tree owes us nothing. We've gotten our money's worth for sure! The stand has cracked so it won't hold it upright. For now we're using a live tree stand and it's still not straight, but we figure we're only here another two and a half weeks before we leave for Arizona so we'll deal with it and get a new tree after the holiday.

After looking at this photo and with all the wood thanks to the floors and new entertainment wall I really need to do something about window treatments. How long have we lived here???

2 comments:

Krystina said...

Phew! A good thing that it fell towards the wall and not on the floor!

Becca said...

That is such a bummer, but good thing it didn't fall on the floor..hehe! I LOVE christmas! I wish I was ready for it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails