Saturday Grammy Hewey watched the boys while I had my scrapbooking crop and Chris golfed in a tournament at Beaver Meadow. We also went grocery shopping with no kids! That hasn't happened in ages. When we got home Grammy and PaPa were at the table with the boys and they were playing Garbage. I kick myself now for not grabbing the camera because we don't have many pictures with them playing with the kids. Once they left, Nathan taught me how to play and we really had a great time. He climbed into bed with me this morning and asked if we could get up and play Garbage. He set out the cards for us to get started.
This is how you play. You and your opponent have 10 cards laid out in front of you face down. You pick a card from the deck and if it's 1-10 you put it in the proper place in your row of cards. For instance, if you pick a 5, you put that 5 in the 5th spot of your cards. You pick up the card that is face down and replace it with the 5. If the card that was face down is a 2, you put that in the 2nd spot of your cards and so on and so on. When you put a card down and pick up one face down that you can't use, you discard and it's the next players turn. If you discard a card your opponent can use they are free to take it. If you pick up a face card from the deck or in your 10 cards in front of you, your turn is over and put the card in the discard pile. Whoever fills all their 10 spots with cards numbered 1-10 wins. Then the next round the winner plays with 9 cards and the loser plays with 10. You keep playing until you get down to one card in front of you and you win that round. It's a lot of fun and a fast moving game.
2 comments:
That sounds fun! I will have to try that with my kids! I think even Jackson could get in on that game!
Nathan taugh me and we had fun playing. We still have to finish the game to see who will win. It is quite difficult to beat Nathan. He has his Dad's luck when it comes to games and cards.
I try hard to beat him but I haven't yet. He wins honestly because I don't believe in letting him win. You learn to play much better. I await our next game.
Post a Comment