Background

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Beacon Weekend!

November 4 – 7, 2010
This year’s theme was Bikers vs. Hillbillies! Amy and I took Thursday off and decided to shop at Kohl’s and the Tilton outlets on our way up. Trieste texted us and she said she was there an all set up. The arrival time had changed to 1pm and we weren’t aware. We were both upset that we missed that because we would have loved two extra hours of crop time, but had a good time shopping. My Mom attended this time for the first time and she had a great time. Her roommate, Kim Landry, never showed up though! Other friends who attended were: Trieste Philbrook, Catherine Sweeney, Ann Marie Welch, Caroline, Gretchen Guevin and Jen Morin. We were so excited that our friends from Mass were in attendance for this weekend including Amanda Boucher, Katheryn Worden, Debbie Parrett and Katie Wright. Amanda is due to have her third baby in 5 weeks and was picked on all weekend. She took a big comfy chair from the lounge and people asked if she was comfortable enough and mentioned that the chair was in the way. Then one woman had the nerve to ask her “Are you sure you’re not due this weekend?” Katheryn had the idea to have a baby shower for her sister while we were there so Friday night we did. Katheryn got balloons and an ice cream cake and made little favors for everyone. Most of the girls got her scrapbooking supplies or made her pages, but Amy and I bought things at Carters. Amy was convinced she was having a boy and got her boy outfits and I wasn’t sure so I bought her some towels and wash cloths. Turns out she is having a girl, but really wanted a boy so Amy gave her the gifts anyways and she thought that was really funny.




They tried a few new things this time like quiet hours with no music, changed up the menu and had a cocktail hour with hors doeurves and half priced drinks. My Mom had a margarita then a Harvey Wallbanger which she said was strong. After dinner Deb Bourbeau said “I’m going to the bar” and my Mom had offered to buy her a drink so she went with her and had another margarita. My Mom was having a good time! Mom and I went to the pool that night and also the hot tub, which was more like a lukewarm tub. The next morning though Mom didn’t feel good and was shaking. I think she was hung over because a few others who had drank that night mentioned the same symptoms. She went back to bed for an hour and felt much better after that.


Sunday before we left they were bringing these horses that looked like they belonged on a carousel into the lounge area. Katheryn thought we should get our pictures on them so Yee Haw we did! Amanda wasn’t feeling that great and joined us under protest.


Oh, and we also converted Amy. She is now a Cricut fan! Poor Katheryn was giving Cricut and Gypsy lessons all weekend to different attendees. She knows so much about it after having worked for Provo and doing demonstrations and she is just plain so nice about it. Amanda kept getting annoyed though because each time she needed to use the Gypsy Katheryn was busy giving a lesson! She ended up putting a sign on the machine that said “Closed for Business. See you next Spring!”



I had recently purchased a small portable printer, brought my laptop and we set up a journaling station at the end of our row. I think it slowed down my progress, but in the end I think it’ll make life easier because I won’t have any finish work to do when I get home. I was hoping to finish December 2008 in both boys albums, but I wasn’t able to. Amy on the other hand completed the most pages ever! She finished 42 awesome pages!

2 comments:

Becca said...

You look like you have lots of room to scrap! LOVE IT! I always feel like I don't have enough room to spread out, and I hate that! I like to have LOTS of space! I am sooo jealous!!! I need to go on more..how do you get involved in such big ones???

Marcia said...

I don't remember how I got started in this one, but it was probably 6 years ago! It started out as 30 people and has just continued to grow. Maybe Google or ask at Scrapbooks ETC?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails