Background

Monday, June 28, 2010

Fresh Picked

June 13, 2010



While Nicholas was sleeping over at Grammy Deans, I brought Nathan strawberry picking at Rossview Farm. We met up with Amy, Mark and Sean. The picking was great and very quick. The kids had fun picking and they each had their own little bucket to fill and of course ate a few along the way. You've got to test the merchandise, right?


Once Amy and I decided we had enough we started to walk down to the end of the row to leave. Both of us stopped at least 4-5 times because this big, beautiful, juicy red, ripe strawberry was staring back at us. We couldn't just walk by, it was begging us to pick it. I ended up picking 10 pounds and it cost us $25. Surprisingly it only took us a week to eat them all. Nathan put a rather large dent in our container the first day! He was eating them left and right.

5 comments:

Monica said...

You ALWAYS have to test before you buy, lol!! Those strawberries look delicious! I would love to take Alex and Lauren strawberry picking, but I'm not sure how courageous I'm feeling :) I can't believe you picked 10 POUNDS!! I wouldn't know what to do with all of them!?!

Krystina said...

Where is this place? I'd never heard of it. It seems strange to see jackets on in June. It has been so hot down here since the end of April I think.

Once again, you've made me HUNGRY. I love strawberries!!

Marcia said...

It's right here in Concord down the road from Carter Hill Orchard where we go Apple Picking. You know me, I'm always cold. And it was WET too.

AmyMacNH said...

It was fun and it was a bit chilly. I think it had been raining all week before we went.
Noticed last night they already have their blueberry sign up!!
The pictures are great Marcia. I'll try to bring my card the next time I come over. I think you have MANY pictures for me :)

Becca said...

SOOOOO JELOUS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails