Background

Thursday, December 18, 2008

We're Not In New Hampshire Anymore

Today we got up and took off in a plane before the sun had even come over the horizon. Nathan was so excited that he woke up at 4am, fifteen minutes before we were going to have to wake him up. He was very sweet and got my list of things to pack to see if I had missed anything and asked if there was anything he could pack. We hoped they would sleep in the car on the way to the airport, but they were too excited. They talked the entire way! At the airport I thought the boys would be super excited to ride the moving sidewalk and escalators because it's all they talked about after our last trip to the airport. But Nicholas was very hesitant. He wouldn't get on without Chris or I holding his hand. When we landed in Cleveland he thought we were on another planet. When we landed in Phoenix after and exhausting almost five-hour plane ride Nicholas said that this must be a dirt planet because they had a lot of dirt. Then Nathan said that they didn't have a lot of grass for picnics. We hoped they would have naps once we got to Margee and Dad's house because they were so tired they could barely walk, but no such luck. The flights were fine and the kids were actually pretty good, no meltdowns. What a relief!

3 comments:

mumsey said...

I'm really glad your trip was good. I wish you all a good time with your Dad & Margee.
Did you forget anything this time?
No speeding trip to the airport with forgotten luggage!
Enjoy Brian, Erika, Kiera and meeting Orion.
Wish I was there.

Ev and Sasha said...

Glad you are safe and sound in AZ! Enjoy a warm Christmas!!!!

Krystina said...

Yay! I had no idea you were leaving today! The kids look whooped! I'm happy you had a safe trip and made it with no children meltdowns.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails