Background
Monday, December 15, 2008
More Giving Back
I emailed everyone at work today and sent them pictures of all the food and other items that I purchased over the weekend and I think that served as a reminder to a few that hadn't donated yet. So more money came in today and at lunch I went with a co-worker to buy presents for the kids. We went to Target and got each child five presents. It was a little hard not knowing what they already had or what their interests were. For the six year old boy we got a few games, Sorry and Connect Four. We also got him an Etch a Sketch. For the four-year old we got him some games too, Candyland and Puppy Pals Bingo. We also got him a Doodle Pro. We got them both a small Tic Tac Toe game and some Moon Sand. Then we spent the rest of our lunch hour wrapping the gifts. It was a lot of fun knowing that we're making a difference and that this kids will have a great Christmas this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am very proud of you for helping others less fortunate. The family will have a very nice christmas-even the kitty.
Good shopper!
Did you buy a lettle something for the father and grandmother? Perhaps you aren't suppose to.
I did get the grandmother and father a little something. A $10 gift card to Dunkin donuts for the Dad and some lotion and soap from Bath & Body Works for the Grandma. I thought they deserved something too!
That is awesome!
Great job. This is something I was thinking about just yesterday. We will set something up like this in our pharmacy, looking for ways to help out people in need year-round.
Post a Comment