The SAP production this
year was called The Broadway Cafe and included scenes from The Music Man, Willy
Wonka, Once Upon a Mattress, Guys & Dolls, Mulan, Aladdin, Tom Sawyer and
the staff scene, Darn Yankees. Nathan was cast as Manchu in the scene Mulan
this year with just one line again. I tried to rehearse with him and get him to
deliver the line with feeling and I did see he at least incorporated some hand
gestures when he gave it.
I was amazed and so proud when I saw him on stage. He
knew every move he had to make on stage and all the choreography with his hands
and arms and delivered them on time and quite well.
Sean (Nathan's BFF) was also in Mulan and
had two lines, but we had to be careful not to blink because otherwise we might
miss them.
Elise (our neighbor's daughter) was also in Mulan and had a lot of lines in her role. This
scene was very serious and she did a great job.
I enjoyed all the scenes,
but Tom Sawyer was my favorite. The humor was great and the kids did a great
job presenting it. Aladdin was also fantastic because the Genie stole the show!
He was not shy at all.
I really enjoyed watching all the kids I know on stage.
Rachel (another neighbor's daughter) had a solo and did not disappoint. She sang beautifully and danced
across the stage.
Becket and Leighton (two more neighbor's boys) were in Willy Wonka and had quite a few
lines. I was very proud of them both. This was Becket's first time in SAP and he had a big role and Leighton is always very animated.
For about a week after the
show the boys and I continued to sing the songs. I couldn't get them out of my
head. When I finally stopped singing them they wanted to watch the DVD and I
started singing again! Nicholas thoroughly enjoyed the show and watched it three
times. Grammy and PaPa Hewey and Grammy and Grampy Dean all came to the
Saturday night show and loved it. It's hard to believe these are elementary
school kids up there on stage. They are so good! Mr. Hatab (art teacher) and
Mr. Close (music teacher) deserve so much recognition for what they do.
1 comment:
That is soooo fun! Their costumes are awesome! I would love it if my kids like to do plays like that!
Post a Comment