Background

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Disney Scrapbook Weekend

March 15 – 18, 2012                                  

This year the theme for our Spring scrapbook weekend at the Beacon Resort in Lincoln was Disney. Right up my alley. Although when I got there I can see I focused too much on our costumes for theme night and neglected to think about all the Disney t-shirts I could have worn and other Disney items I own. Oh well. Amy had a program install on this same weekend so unfortunately she had to work on Friday for 4 hours and then again on Saturday for 10 hours. She set up her laptop in the bar and even had a drink Saturday night.

But in reality it really stunk for her, but for me also. I was shocked how much it affected my productivity. Not having her there next to me killed my motivation and I found myself wandering around and staring at pictures for a lot longer than normal. I was a little tired too, but I’m blaming Amy for lousy a 30 pages completed. I mean how pathetic? She got 24 done and worked all that time! The big fun was dressing up as Cruella deVille and the rest of the gang dressing up as Dalmatians. Amy made the ears and they all used fabric paint to put spots on their white t-shirts.

We weren’t the only ones with this idea though. There were 4 other Cruella’s and I think if we counted we would have had 101 Dalmatians!

I really got into the roll though. At one point I had to leave the dinner room and when I came back all my puppies were gone. I screamed “My puppies!” When I found them hiding on the stairs I shooed them back down to the dinner table with my napkin calling them “bad puppies” all the way. It was a lot of fun to be in character.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I LOVE your costume! I am so jealous! I use to go to Scrapbook retreats twice a year, but I haven't gone in sooo long... I am bummed because that is the only time I get to scrapbook now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails