April 2011
I haven't had time to blog because...baseball season has officially begun. I've been shuttling boys back and forth to practices on opposite ends of town and now the games have started. It's a busy schedule, but it's so fun to watch the boys. They both have the same bright yellow shirts and hats and picked the same number, 13. That's Daddy's favorite number!
Nathan is now playing full baseball where someone on his team pitches and they count balls, strikes outs, runs and play four innings. He is playing left field, which he likes because not many balls come to him.
We do need to work on him backing up third base though. He does great hitting at home, but seems to get nervous and lose his confidence at games. He doesn't swing much and waits for the walk. I'm sure once we get further into the season he'll feel more comfortable.
Nicholas has moved up to Coach Pitch this season and every child gets a chance to hit each inning. The Coach will pitch to each player until they hit. Sometimes that can take awhile.
They play 2-3 innings depending on how long it takes them. Nicholas was Mr. Social when he played first base his first game. He was talking the boy on base asking him if he knew how to spell this word and that.
And when they were warming up he was yelling out "Raise your hand if you like pizza. Raise your hand if you like ice cream." It was adorable to see all the kids raise their hands. In some of the first games he would ask if we could go home after the first inning. It's hard for him to stay focused because the game is so slow and there are so many kids on the field to get the balls in play.
Background
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(101)
-
▼
June
(14)
- Farm Project
- Second Tooth Lost!
- Children's Museum of Dover Field Trip
- Nothing to do?
- It's Growing
- BFF Weekend Continues - Universal Studios
- BFF Weekend! In Search of Pretty Nails
- It's Grow Time!
- I Love This Smell!
- Mark is Eleven!
- Women We Love Tea
- Mother's Day 2011
- Azalea Photos 2011
- No time for blogging!
-
▼
June
(14)
1 comment:
Dude, I hear you on the no time for blogging...not only have I not had time to blog, I haven't had time to check anyones blog out lately! It's been a crazy busy Summer so far...It's been fun, but CRAZY BUSY! The boys look like they are having fun...going back and forth around town is something I totally understand! I have driven 230 miles this week...just going back and forth to my moms and taking kids places....ugh! hehe! The things we do for our kids!
Post a Comment