Background

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden

April 24, 2011 - NC


Our flight back to NH wasn't until 4:50 this evening so we had some time to spend in the area. The hotel recommended a botanical garden as a nice place to visit and it was on the way to the airport too. The GPS got us there with no worries and it was a beautiful building as we walked up. Unfortunately the tulips had all gone by in NC; they are my favorite. They haven't even started sprouting in NH!


Dave decided to relax in a rocking chair while Mom, Chris and I walked around the gardens. There was a long water feature with all kinds of fish sculptures and on the sides there was a lot of color.
The irises were in full bloom everywhere. I had to have my picture by some because they are purple and that's my favorite color!

There were fountains all over too. The best one was in the Allee' Garden. The fountain turned on as we came near it. At first you thought it was just a path to the other side, but once it turned on you realized it made a tunnel out of water flying overhead. I wasn't brave enough to try it, but lots of kids did and got a nice break from the warm day.




Our last stop was the Orchid Conservatory. It was warm in here, but truly beautiful. The flowers were so delicate and the colors so vibrant.







Oh, and I have to give photo credits to my hubby. He took all the pictures in this post and we didn't even have our digital SLR!

5 comments:

Becca said...

How fun! Sorry you couldn't be there with them! The boys look like they are having so much fun!

Becca said...

SOOOOO beautiful! How fun! I probably would have just sat there also, SOOOOOOO pretty!

Becca said...

I could have sworn I already commented, but that just shows you where my brain has been lately! Looks amazing! So beautiful! I am glad you had time to stop there and enjoy!

Marcia said...

You did comment once, that is so bizarre!

Laura Lockhart said...

Wow, beautiful garden...you look great too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails