Background

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

May 8, 2011


This year I didn’t want to go out for a meal on Mother’s Day. It’s such a production and sometimes is more work with kids. So we went to my Mom’s for breakfast. She let the boys make their own pancakes and Chris made me eggs.


While there I opened the gifts the boys made me. This truly is the best part of Mother’s day and I will really miss that when they grow older. Nicholas made me a watering can that he colored and also gave me a plant, both wrapped in bags he decorated.


Nathan gave me a paper with phrases describing me with letters that start with the letters in the word mother. There were also chocolates in the bag he hand colored.


Chris got me a hydrangea for in front of the house where we pulled out the rhododendron a few years ago. He also got me a lounging chair for by the pool. I can’t wait for this rain to stop and the weather to get nicer so I can use it! Chris pitched some balls to Nathan in the backyard and Nicholas and I collected tiles from around the pool.


Later Dave and Terry stopped by and we got her a new camera because she was having trouble with hers. I really wanted some time to scrapbook, but unfortunately the day just wasn’t long enough.





3 comments:

Becca said...

You look beautiful! What thoughtful kids! Happy Be-lated mothers day!

mumsey said...

You have two wonderful, thoughtful boys. Love the color co-ordinated shirts you are all wearing. Great idea for a picture.

mumsey said...

Nathan likes bacon and put some small pieces in his pancake along with strawberries and blueberries.
Nicholas is strictly a "chocolate chip" guy.
They try to make a design on their pancake with the toppings. It is usually a smiley face.
Chris made egg omlets for himself and Marcia.
We love having the Hewey's for breakfast.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails