Background

Sunday, June 12, 2011

It's Grow Time!

May 29, 2011


This year I decided I wanted to have a garden. It’s all part of my plan to be a healthier human being. I’m trying to eat more organic, we bought a compost bin so now we’re composting and I thought it would be great to have fresh vegetables from our own garden. The problem is we can’t grow anything in our yard because it doesn’t get enough sun. So I asked Mom and Dave if we could plant a garden in their yard. They have a plot they’ve used in the past. Fortunately they agreed. It needed to be planted by Memorial Day though and unfortunately I was away that weekend and it had been way too rainy prior to that to plant. So Chris and the boys went over this morning to rotor till and plant.

Chris said they didn’t do a ton to help, they just did some raking and helping cover up the seeds.


I just love Nicholas's stance in the last photo. That kid has attitude. And of course they had supervision.

Nicholas was very interested in what we planted though and he wanted to make sure there was watermelon. So we ended up with green and wax beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, sweet peppers, summer squash and zucchini. There were some extra tomato and pepper plants so Chris brought them home to plant in our backyard in a small spot that gets some sun. He set up sprinklers to keep things watered and we’ll have to go over and weed too, but it’ll be nice to have fresh veggies this summer! Of course who knows what we’ll really grow, but it’ll be fun trying.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I guess I should have read this post first before commenting on the other garden post..hehe! There really is NOTHING better than FRESH veggies! Especially tomatoes! mmmm..mmm...good! I swear I have eaten enough tomatoes for a small country, but I have to enjoy them while I can, because they only come once a year...Good luck! The garden looks great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails