I'm so tired of coming into our house through the breezeway and seeing piles of snow pants, jackets, hats, gloves, mittens, boots, shoes, helmets and backpacks everywhere!
So I decided to do some research online. I Googled "Mud Room Ideas" and came up with a bunch of articles that I read. I wrote down all the ideas that I want to remember when considering a design for our breezeway.
I also viewed a bunch of images that I saved. Most of the images I found just one thing I liked about them. For instance, this one I think will be the design for our hooks and I don't think we'll have individual cubby areas that you see in most mud room designs.
This one I love the design for the shoes. Taller area for boots and two shelves for sneakers and soccer cleats etc.
And I like the shelf and drawer area on this one. Perfect for storage of items when not in season.
But there was one that I kept coming back to and loving. I love the baskets, the colors, the wainscoting, the storage underneath and most of all the extended bench.
Now I have all the information I need to get started on a design. Chris and I took measurements and started our own drawing. It's rough to say the least, but now we're ready for PaPa Hewey to come over so we can discuss it. He of course will be our handyman!
But first this means we will no longer have room for the piano. I am really bummed about this. It's the piano I had in Arizona when I was taking lessons in 7th and 8th grade out there.
Since we moved into this house I have always wanted to start taking piano lessons again, but honestly, I can't find the time. Everyone else in the house is so busy there isn't any time left for lessons. I figure once the kids are older maybe I can figure it out then. So fortunately the piano is staying in the family. Chris's older brother, David is going to take it because their youngest son, also named David, always plays it when they come over. He really enjoys the piano so I'm hoping he'll start taking lessons.




2 comments:
I'll be anxious to see PaPa Hewey's creation, he is amazing at his craft.
I'm sad for you and your piano, but I'm glad it is staying in the family. I know how much it means to you.
How fun, I am anxious to see the result! Sorry about your piano! Kind of a bummer...but I get it! I have one that sits in my house unused also! BUT, Natalie does want to learn how to play now!
Post a Comment