I've been picking up Nicholas from daycare first lately and then having to go back into town to pick up Nathan. When I do that we pass the bowling alley and every single time Nicholas says; "Why can't we go to the bowling alley? I want to go bowling." It was rainy on Saturday so we decided to take the boys.
Nicholas was really excited about going. It's a candlepin bowling alley so you have small balls and throw three in a row. Perfect for the boys small hands. Nicholas stayed up in the lane and was clapping his hands and jumping up and down. He also spent a lot of time playing with the balls in the ball return. We kept telling him to stop because we were afraid he'd squish his little fingers.
Chris and I were horrible, although Chris improved in the second string. We used to bowl weekly with my brother in California, but it was ten pin (Big balls). Candlepin is totally different.
The way the boys threw the balls was hysterical. They practically hucked it down the lane. Nicholas kept telling me to throw it really fast. Nathan got upset because Nicholas was beating him. He got pouty and I had to tell him that he was better at some things than Nicholas and Nicholas would be better than him at some things.
Nicholas would get very excited when he knocked over a pin, but get upset when he didn't get any. He knew he was only supposed to throw three balls and a few times after the third ball he'd look at us as he was reaching to get another ball off the ball return as if to say "Are you going to say anything to me or are you going to let me throw another ball?"
2 comments:
I have never heard of candle bowling..that sounds like fun for the kids! My kids all LOVE the bowling alley! We don't go very often because it is always so crouded, but when we do, it is always so much fun!
I love that you put "big ball" bowling, no one down here understands why I call it that, we don't have Candle Pin down here. I'm glad they had such a good time!
Post a Comment