I was really looking forward to this year's scrapbook weekend. I love getting together with my friends and doing what I love all day long. We always have a great time. But this year I got a mandate from Chris when we left Disney World. He told me "I don't want to wait a year until I get to see these photos." So I spent three full weeks preparing to work on the Disney World and Disney Cruise albums during the weekend. I shopped, organized, printed and spent just about every free minute getting everything prepared. I was worried I'd get sick of doing nothing but Disney for the entire weekend, but fortunately I didn't. If you'd like to see some of the pages, check out my other blog, http://www.heweypages.blogspot.com/.
Somehow this year we got upgraded to the table that Jackie, in the orange or is it red shirt, sits at. She co-runs the event with Deb, in the green shirt. This meant unlimited wine a dinner. A major plus!
The weekend lived up to everything I hoped! I finished the Disney album, with the exception of titles and journaling. That's 82 pages! We bonded with the gals from MA that always sit with us. Oh my, we laughed so hard together. We ate well, slept some, some drank and we even scheduled a private scrapbooking weekend for June!
I won TWO prizes this year. This cute Princess CropALot shirt and also a gift certificate for album imprinting. I stole this funny idea from our MASS friends behind us. They put funny names on their raffle tickets. I put "Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner", "More stuff for Marcia to cart around" and "Buy me a drink I won a prize!" The funniest was Amanda though, she put "I'd like to thank the Academy" on her grand prize slip!
We had our own shirts made this year with the Beacon logo and Fall 2009 on the front and "What Happens At The Beacon, Stays At The Beacon" on the back. It was a Vegas theme.
On Saturday night it was POURING and I went back to my room to wash up and get ready for bed. When I came back I found out my camera had been hijacked and filled with pictures of my friends at the bar. I was a good girl and didn't have any drinks except at dinner (we're just pretending above). I was very focused on completing the Disney Album.
2 comments:
Seriously, I am so jelous! I go to one, once in a while, but it doesn't look anything like that...at the most there are 12 of us. I love going, it is so much fun to scrap with other people..it is not so much fun to do it alone though! I am glad that I have a niece that loves it, and now Natalie is getting into it! I so want to come to one of yourse..they look like sooo much fun!
Good to know you decided to not get sloshed (as if) and worked on your albums. They came out nice! I am really hoping to make it the June one...keeping fingers crossed!
Post a Comment