Background

Saturday, November 24, 2012

First Day of School 2012


August 28, 2012                                             

Today was Nathan's first day of fifth grade. This is his last year in elementary school, which is very sad for me. That makes him the big man at the school, but I don't think he thinks of it that way. Unfortunately he's not in class with Sean this year, but he does have Beckett and Riley in his class. This morning it was raining so we got a few pictures out front on the porch and then I brought them over to the school. I walked in with them thinking they'd all be lining up with their teachers in the gym instead of out front on the lawn, but they told the kids to go straight to their classroom and parents weren't allowed inside. It happened very quickly and I barely got to say goodbye and give them hugs. I was incredibly disappointed that I wasn't able to get a picture with Nathan and Sean together like I have every other year. Not the start to the year I hoped for, but I know it will be a great year regardless.


Today was Nicholas's first day of second grade. He'll be in class with Cohen this year and he is very excited about that. This morning it was raining so we got a few pictures out front on the porch and then I brought them over to the school. I walked in with them thinking they'd all be lining up with their teachers in the gym instead of out front on the lawn, but they told the kids to go straight to their classroom and parents weren't allowed inside. It happened very quickly and I barely got to say goodbye and give them hugs. Not the start to the year I hoped for, but I know it will be a great year regardless.


1 comment:

Becca said...

I haven't blogged or read in so looong! I cannot believe how grown up your boys are! I love it! They are so handsome! I hpe this year has been great for them so far!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails