Background

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Halloween 2011

Monday, October 31, 2011    
Chris took half a day on Halloween and picked the boys up from school so they could carve pumpkins. Yup, we are last minute again this year. Nathan helped scoop out the pumpkin guts, but Nicholas didn't want anything to do with it until Chris found this scooper that I had bought. I told


Chris I wanted a Disney pumpkin this year so he carved a Mickey one for me and he was going to make a Phineas and Ferb one for the boys, but it was too intricate. So they carved a regular face and used these eyes that glow. Terry said we got lots of compliments from the Trick or Treaters on our pumpkins.


Nathan wanted to be a Ninja and Nicholas wanted to be Mario for Halloween. The week before Halloween I went to look for costumes and couldn't find the ones they wanted so I panicked. I ended up going to three stores and found Nathan's then a fourth store to find Nicholas's costume. When we left the third store Nicholas gave me this slightly sad face and said quietly "I'll just be myself." He was very honest though, he wasn't giving me a guilt trip. So that gave me the energy to go to one more store and pay a little more than I wanted to for his costume.

This year we invited Cohen and Riley Rollins over to Trick or Treat in our neighborhood along with the Spain family. Leighton also went around with us.
The adults all hung back while the kids went up to the door to collect their loot. We had a really great time. It was colder this year than usual so we were bundled up, but Mrs. Sackos's adult beverage helped keep many warm.

2 comments:

Laura Lockhart said...

Love the pumpkins!

Becca said...

Love the Pumpkins...Jackson was Mario also! That is funny! I am glad he guilted you into going to one more store...hehehehe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails