Background

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Snow plus Deer vs. Cat

Sunday, October 30, 2011

We got our first big snowstorm of the season last night. Nicholas looked out the window and said; "Mom, it's a Winter Wonderland outside."

The first flakes fell on 10/28, but this one actually had accumulation that stuck on the ground. It's odd for us to have snow this early in the season and I had to break out the boots, snow pants and mittens. It was a very heavy and wet snow and a lot of people lost power for 3-5 days. We were very fortunate and didn't lose power. We only had 9 inches, but my Mom only 20 minutes away had 17! The kids were very excited to get out on the snowmobile before church that morning.

It was a good thing they did too because once we got back most of it was melted in the driveway. It's so weird to see snow on the ground when there are still leaves on the trees.


This afternoon Nathan was working on his Snowy Owl project for school and he saw a deer in the back yard.

We watched it a little while and it was being cautious and we realized that it was hesitant because of a cat that was sitting dead still in the snow.


We think the deer just didn't know what to think of the cat and the cat was not moving because I'm sure it was afraid of the deer due to it's size. The deer would stomp it's front foot at the cat. This went on for a few minutes until the deer came closer and the cat puffed up his hair and hunched it's back at the deer. The deer's tail went up and he ran off. He was afraid of a cat!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

"Mom, it's a Winter Wonderland outside."

That's so awesome!

Unknown said...

I wonder why it thinks that I am unknown? I know who I am!
I'm, ummm, Brian, umm, something...

Laura Lockhart said...

Cool that you got to witness the deer vs cat. That must have been fun. I don't get much wildlife in our yard...usually just turkeys, frogs and sometimes turtles (we live near a pond). I believe there are bunnies out there somewhere because we see the tracks, but we don't usually see them.

Becca said...

Okay, now that is funny!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails