March 15- I can't believe he's finally done it. Nicholas is officially pacifier FREE! I know, he's over four years old and still slept with a pacifier at night. But we've tried twice before, once for over a month, and he just wasn't ready. He really needed it to soothe him. He'd melt when he put it in his mouth. Well he'd gotten in this habit of hiding his pacifier when he woke up in the morning and unfortunately one Sunday night he couldn't find it. So he had to sleep without it. The first night went really well because he was super tired. The next morning he said to me in the most excited voice "Mommy, I slept all night without my buyah!" I told him if he went all week without it he would get a big boy bed. That's been the deal all along. He'd ask for a big boy bed like Nathan's and I would tell him he'd get one when he no longer had his pacifier. On night two he got up a few times before we went to bed and asked for his pacifier, but I would redirect and remind him how much he wanted his big boy bed. Then he'd get excited and go back to bed. After he went the entire week he'd stopped asking for his pacifier and was doing great. So that weekend we got him the big boy bed! Unfortunately we are still working on finding the pieces to put the headboard and foot board on, but I wanted to take some photos of it as it stands now. Grammy and Grampa Gray are getting him the bedding, he just needs to pick it out. We're so proud of him.
1 comment:
YEAH! I am glad it went better this time! At least he is still "little"! We didn't Mace to stop sucking her thumb until she was 8! ewe!
Post a Comment